It’s no secret that moving is stressful. But is it the most stressful thing we do? According to research from British energy company E.ON, moving homes is the most stressful life event for the majority of people (62%), beating out life events like divorce and starting a new job. Why are so many of us stressed out during moves? One factor might be the pressure to do it quickly.
Fortunately, there’s a way to add more time and flexibility to your next move: movable storage. With movable storage, you can both pack and unpack your belongings in the location (and on the timeline) that works for you. Read on to discover why movable storage makes your move more manageable.
Benefits of Movable Storage
Many people aren’t even aware of movable storage as an option for residential moves. Or, they might think it’s too costly or difficult. The reality couldn’t be further from the truth. Moving storage containers are comparable in cost to other moving solutions and are as easy as picking up the phone and dialing a number. Here are some ways movable storage makes your move more manageable:
- You choose when and where you want the movable storage container
- Container features include tie-down rings, smooth interiors and a translucent roof
- You can calculate the storage you’ll need ahead of time
- Pack and unpack on your timetable — no rush!
- You have peace of mind knowing your belongings are protected from the elements and theft
Whether you need storage long-term or for a short period of time, movable storage can make your life a little easier.
Other Ways to Make Moving Day Easier
In addition to movable storage, there are other ways to make moving day a little more manageable. By taking care of how you’ll transport (and where you’ll store) your belongings, you’ll free your mind up to think about things that many people forget. Here are just a few things you can do to avoid unexpectedly stressful surprises on your moving day:
- Get utilities set up at your new home ahead of time
- Redirect your mail and change your address
- Save furniture assembly instructions
- Take pictures of utility readings and electrical hookups
- Hire a moving company to handle packing and unpacking heavy boxes
At the end of the day, movable storage is manageable storage. To get a quote on moving containers from SAM (Store & Move), contact us to request a quote today.