Are you moving to a new house? Did you hire a residential moving company nearby to help you? What is the size of moving containers that you opted to use? Did you calculate whether your stuff will fit into the moving containers? Most home packers and movers provide ways in which you can calculate the space needed to fit all of your belongings into a moving container. However, in order to avoid last minute hassles, you should calculate an estimate by yourself as well. The following guide can help:
Home moving companies often have tools on their websites that allow visitors to obtain a rough estimate of the space they will need in the moving containers.
The tools typically need the number of bedrooms in the house and the can factor in lifestyle traits of the people moving. The lifestyle traits give an indication of the range of furniture and other items that are normally found in different rooms and will provide an indication of the storage space needed to pack it all. The home packers and movers can translate this into the size and the number of moving containers that you require to move into a new home.
Another method for determining the moving containers you’ll need for your move involves a measure of the size of the covered area and forecasts the average number of bulky goods being kept. We recommend an actual list of your items that you will be moving for the most accurate estimate of moving containers needed.
Along with estimating items for moving, you will also need to consider the type of moving container that you should rent in order to move your goods. There are different types of storage pods and choosing the right one is important. The most common are listed below:
- Carton moving box: this box is specifically designed to carry kitchen items. These items may include fine china and glassware as well. They also come with cellular dividers to make packing easier.
- A medium-sized moving box: these boxes can be used for light and heavy objects. They can hold approximately 1.8 cubic feet of goods.
- Large moving boxes are best for heavy goods. They are ideal for pots, pans, non-perishables, and also for small appliances. These can hold up to 4 cubic feet of goods.
The most likely number of moving containers needed on average are as follow:
- If you are moving into an apartment, you will need 2 moving containers.
- If you are moving into a house with up to three bedrooms, you will require three moving containers.
- For houses with up to four bedrooms, you will require four moving containers.
- For a big house that has five plus rooms, you will need at least five moving containers.
Be sure to consult with a reputable moving company to leverage their expertise. Advance planning can help to make the moving process seamless and to keep your move within budget.