Did you know, for example, that you can fit 62 armchairs in one storage container? Or that some containers have a translucent roof that allows light in? Here are 13 little-known facts about moving containers that you might find interesting:
- They’re delivered to your location – While a basic benefit of moving containers, people may not know that they can be delivered to the location of your choice, as long as you’re in a company’s designated service area.
- You can use them for more than just moving – Whether you’re decluttering or staging your home, moving containers can be extremely useful for a variety of situations other than relocating.
- Their smooth interior protects your belongings – Why would a smooth interior matter? Because any part of the interior that isn’t smooth puts your belongings at risk for scratches, dings, dents and other forms of damage.
- Some have translucent roofs – Portable storage containers like SAM (Storage & Move) have a translucent roof. Why? Because it allows light in, making it easy to see when inside and loading or unloading your container.
- Not all moving containers are created equal – The features you’ll get with a moving container vary by brand. That’s why it’s important to look at a moving container comparison chart before making your decision.
- Having them picked up is easy – Once you’re done loading or unloading your moving container, having it picked up is as easy as making a call. The best companies won’t use call centers, either, so you’ll be talking to a live person.
- They feature galvanized steel framing – This sturdy material is resistant to rust and is the same material used is modern buildings, so you know it’s strong. SAMs are constructed with galvanized steel and other state-of-the-art materials.
- You can fit 62 armchairs in one container – Or 51 rocking chairs. Or 62 small desks. Or 310 ironing boards. Or a combination of other items. Check out the online storage calculator to see how many items will fit in one or more containers.
- Your items are potentially protected from fire and theft – If you choose to store your container in SAM’s concrete storage facility, your items will benefit from a fully functioning sprinkler system and 24-hour alarm system.
- They have an excellent track record – One look at all the reviews for moving containers and you’ll see why they’re becoming so popular these days. Be sure to read them to learn more about individual experiences.
- You don’t have to be there for delivery – To add more convenience, moving containers can be delivered without your presence! Simply call and let the company know where you’d like them.
- You can load or unload at your own pace – One of the other main benefits of moving containers is that you can take as much time as you need to unload or load your belongings.
- You can get free quotes – That’s right, you can easily submit a quote online for a free estimate on what moving containers would cost you.
If you’re interested in renting a SAM (Storage & Move) for your next Dallas-Fort Worth move, request a quote by calling us at 972-438-2726 today!